Capgemini Publishes a Report on the Use of Digital Assets by the Wealthiest Individuals

17.06.2022 09:10
by Gabriel Cross
2 min read

According to a new report by Capgemini, a French consulting multinational and IT services company, 71% of high net worth individuals (HNWIs) have invested in digital assets. The total number of polled individuals amounts to 2,973 people from all over the globe.

Capgemini defined a high net worth individual as a person possessing at least $1 million. 54% of the HNWIs possess less than $30 million, while the remaining 46% have more than that.

91% of respondents under the age of 40 invested in digital assets. The report states that cryptocurrencies are HNWIs favorite digital asset, followed by other “sought-after” digital assets, including metaverse investments and exchange-traded funds (ETFs).

14% of HNWI portfolios were used for “alternative investments”. Apart from crypto, this category also includes private equity, foreign currencies, hedge funds, and commodities. This is an increase since 2018, when 9% of the portfolios were allocated for alternative investments.

While the report was published only a few days ago, on Tuesday, some of the data is somewhat outdated. Namely, it is stated that the crypto market cap is greater than $2 trillion. According to CoinMarketApp, the last time there was an over $2 trillion market cap was on April 5. Currently, the number is closer to $900 billion.

Author

  • Gabriel Cross used to be a bank officer for an international bank for many years. From this point of view, he says the time spent obtaining a degree in economics was a waste of time. A few years back, he decided to quit his job and start trading. He is obsessed with decentralized finance, but he often plays with the stock market, investing with great pleasure into ground-breaking tech solution startups.

Trending news

Subscribe and be in touch
Click here