“YouTube plans to create a metaworld in 2022” is the latest information they shared on their official blog.
No details have been released on YouTube yet, but they say the metaworld will be implemented through games. The company also spoke about other changes that are planned for 2022.
WHAT WILL CHANGE ON YOUTUBE
- Users will be able to use blockchain technology and NFT to sell their photos and videos to subscribers.
- Improve YouTube Shorts: Create short films, new effects and editing tools.
- The daily viewing time of live broadcasts for 2021 has more than tripled, so it is planned to introduce the possibility of joint live broadcasts with other users. Video commentary can also be added to videos and broadcasts.
- Update statistics in YouTube Studio to help video creators better understand subscriber demand.
- They are testing a new way of sorting comments that are tied to a specific point in time in the video.
- You can buy the product from the video. To do this, click on the trash can icon in the lower left corner of the screen, browse the catalog and select the one you want.
- YouTube Shorts became available in Ukraine in July 2021. In early December 2021, it became known that authors of content who shoot short videos will be able to receive monthly bonus payments.
Microsoft will also create its own metaworld after Facebook (Meta). It will be called Mesh.